Muscatatuck Urban Training Center is dedicated to ensuring a workplace safety and health program for its workforce. We will work diligently to reduce hazards and exposures in our workplace, and pledge to work together as a team in creating a safety culture that allows everyone to return home safely each day.
WHILE HERE AS A GUEST AT MUTC THERE ARE SPECIFIC GUIDELINES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED:
• Use of frangible or marking ammunition is prohibited unless approved by the site commander.
• Live (ball) ammunition is not authorized for use at MUTC.
• Units must stay in assigned training areas, deviations may be requested through the scheduling department.
• Tunnels will not be accessed unless unit has requested use of them. Violators could face UCMJ/LE action.
• Rooms/equipment/areas with “no access” placards are out of play for training and present a hazard.
• Do not attempt to unlock or breach secured doors. This also includes windows and vents.
• Fuse/breaker panels will not be tampered with. If you need access to these areas, the Staff Duty Officer (SDO) will be contacted.
• No parking or driving on grassy areas. Parking and driving is allowed only on improved roads or designated parking areas, unless prior coordination has been made with Range Operations.
• This is an open post. Be aware of civilian traffic on CR 425 E, CR 450 E, 485N and CR 475 E.
• If staying overnight, fire guards and/or CQ personnel will be posted in sleeping quarters.
• If conducting physical fitness training, reflective belts will be worn at all times.
• In case of an emergency contact the SDO or Security. An SDO will be available throughout your stay here.
• Monitor issued Motorola radios at all times. In the event of a weather emergency this is how you will be contacted with instructions on how to protect yourself.
• No fires will be started on MUTC without authorization from Range Operations.
• Use of pyrotechnics and blank ammunition requires prior coordination with the Range Operations Section. The SDO can/will restrict the use of the above mentioned items if there is a high amount of risk due to untrained personnel, civilians, or weather conditions.
• Use of all ammunition/pyrotechnics must be cleared through operations prior to conducting training.
• Personal weapons are not permitted at MUTC.
• Law enforcement personnel must lock and clear all weapons upon arrival at MUTC, pending approval from the site commander.
• Roof access is not permitted without prior approval and notation on risk assessment.
• If you have problems with civilians in the training area contact the SDO, Fire Desk, or Security. Do not take action yourself.
• Wildlife is to be left alone. If you don’t bother them they won’t bother you.
• No alcohol allowed on property or in buildings, unless coordinated prior with the Site Commander or OIC of Operations.
• Observe all posted speed limits, both on MUTC and adjacent county roads.
• All visiting aircraft must coordinate with Range Operations at least four hours prior to arrival in order to ensure clear LZs and airspace.
• Stay within MUTC boundaries when conducting training.
• The interiors of condemned buildings are off limits for training. Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis.
• Do not conduct waterborne operations without the approval of operations.
SEVERE WEATHER DURING TRAINING
• In the event of severe weather during training, unit/agency will be notified by Range Operations via assigned radio, reference Severe Weather SOP in training packet.
• Attached are the locations of shelter areas inside the buildings at MUTC.
• If unit is in an open area all antennas must be taken down unless grounding system is already in place, all personnel must move into the open away from all metal objects and trees. If a building is accessible to personnel unit/agency will move all personnel and equipment into the building and take shelter in appropriate location. In this event unit/agency will be responsible for cleaning and policing the building.